Tuesday, September 26, 2017

 

Does the Bible Condemn Wearing the Kilt?

Peter C. Craigie (1938-1985), Psalms 1-50 (Waco: Word Books, 1983), p. 9:
I belong to a tradition in the church in which the psalms continue to be used regularly in worship. And yet, as a teenager singing the psalms, their words for the most part contained little meaning for me; they were songs of a remote and distant land, with no evident relevance to my own world. It was the custom in Scotland for boys to wear the kilt to church on Sunday; to this day I can recall singing the words of Psalm 147:10, in the Prayer Book version: "neither delighteth he in any man's legs." I pondered at that time the question of whether Scripture condemned the kilt.
Related post: Tobacco and the Bible.



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?